What is Artemis?
With Artemis missions, NASA will land the first woman and first person of color on the Moon, using innovative technologies to explore more of the lunar surface than ever before. We will collaborate with our commercial and international partners to establish the first long-term human-robotic presence on and around the Moon. Then, we will use what we learn on and at the Moon to take the next giant leap: sending the first astronauts to Mars.
Why Go to the Moon?
With Artemis, we will:
- Demonstrate new technologies, capabilities, and business approaches needed for future exploration including Mars
- Study the Moon to learn more about the origin and history Earth, the Moon, and our solar system
- Establish American leadership and a strategic presence on the Moon while expanding our U.S. global economic impact
- Broaden our commercial and international partnerships
- Inspire a new generation and encourage careers in STEM
.999 fine silver